[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”4.9.4″ _module_preset=”default”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”4.9.4″ _module_preset=”default”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”4.9.4″ _module_preset=”default”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.9.6″ _module_preset=”default” hover_enabled=”0″ sticky_enabled=”0″]
Many may find fitness to be quite complicated.
Truthfully, fitness can become very time consuming; exercises, reps, sets, weight, rest time, recovery period, macros, etc.. However, fitness can fit into any schedule with the correct mindset, and proper planning.
Plan For The Workout, Use The Time You Have
There will be many instances when the lift you have planned may not be the lift you are able to accomplish. Don’t be discouraged, it happens to us all. For example, you have created a great workout with 12 different exercises and it will take about an hour or better to complete. Such as life, your boss calls a late meeting that throws off your schedule and now you only have 20 minutes to exercise. Now it’s time to adapt and overcome. At this point most people would skip the workout and try to make it up on a different day. My suggestion, use the 20 minutes you have and get in a 20 minute workout. Look at it this way, when you have fitness-related tasks to complete, you are more likely to put them off when your time is cut short.
Solutions for Time Issues
- Mix Strength training and cardio when pressed for time. HIIT workouts, including supersets, and circuit training are all great methods to increase the intensity of your workout and, at the same time, decrease the time it takes to complete the routine.
- Focus on larger muscle groups. Exercising the larger muscle groups will increase the metabolic demand in a short time frame, which will keep you on track to reach your goals, even with shorter workouts.
- Train functionally. Plan exercises that require you to pull, push, and lift as you would in every day life. Incorporate multi-joint functional movements into your routine and improve your daily mobility and ability.
- Learn to work smarter and harder. The exercises you choose to complete should be directly aligned with your current goal(s), and should be efficiently planned when you have little time in the gym. Train harder, push yourself a little more during your workouts. Training with more intensity shortens the time required to achieve results. Enter the gym with laser-focus and get it done!
- DO NOT skip your warm up and cool down! Seriously, no matter the time constraint, keep these in your routine to reduce your likelihood of injury.
- Create compound movement, total body workouts to hit your prime movers!
Use The Following List Of Exercises To Help Create Your Routine
Thrusters, Snatch, 3D Lunge, Burpee, Turkish Get Up, Wood Choppers, Golf Swings, Spiderman Push Ups, Deadlift, Clean and Press, Cross-body Mountain Climbers, Leg Raises in Captain’s Chair
There is always time for a workout if you make fitness a priority. It may not always be easy to fit in a workout, but it’s always possible.
I want to share ways you can get in-depth training, advice, and begin making your health a priority.
- Fitness App Classes – $39/month, a trainer in your pocket!
- Health Coaching
- Virtual Training
- A NO COST option is to take my classes and workouts on YouTube
- Another fun, no cost option is to sign up for our mailing list. Again, cool emails packed with discounts, information, tips, tricks, and a lot more!
Again, I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to read my post. Don’t forget to tell friends and family about me! Share if you’d like and comment below to get a conversation started. I wish you the best, and I hope to hear from you soon!