If You Want Success, You Must First Plan.
Even if you’re a healthy eater. When you fail to plan, at some point during the week you will find yourself without a proper meal, and could resort to store food, or worse, fast food. To set yourself up for success, use the weekend to your advantage and plan your meals for the entire week. Honestly, there’s no right or wrong way to prep. Do what fits your schedule, budget, and palate. I have outlined a three step process to help you start meal planning. If you feel overwhelmed planning for 7 days, then start with three and go from there. Add a meal every week until you’ve reached seven meals!
1. Friday – Plan Your Meals for the Next Week
2. Saturday – Go Shopping
3. Sunday – Prep Day
- Write out your plans for the upcoming week. Do you have study hall on Monday night? Are you attending happy hour after work on Wednesday? You can either remove these meals from your plan, or prep them and eat (or eat half) before you go out so that you know you have already made healthy meal choices for the evening. Eat the other half once you’re home if you’re hungry.
- Search recipes and begin to form a plan for your meal prep. Design meals that appease your palate, be as simple or as complicated as your culinary skills allow.
- Look through your pantry, the freezer, and the refrigerator. Clean out all options that will cause you to “fall off the wagon” if you cannot overcome the urge to indulge!
- Create a shopping list. Or let me do this for you.
- You should have a list, if not, create one based on the meals you have planned for the upcoming week. Creating a list will lower the chance of impulse buying.
- Be sure to go through your containers to ensure you have enough food storage for the week.
- Decide whether you want to prep for the entire week, or prep for part of the week. If you are novice to meal planning, then starting with fewer days may be a better decision for you.
- Consider cooking double of your favorite recipes and freezing half of what you make, which allows you to store half for a few weeks.
- Want little clean-up? Oven pan meals are excellent. Just line an oven pan with aluminum foil and load it up with your favorite veggies and protein. Crock-pot meals are another great way to cook with little clean-up.
I want to share ways you can get in-depth training, advice, and begin making your health a priority.
- Fitness App Classes – $39/month, a trainer in your pocket!
- Health Coaching
- Virtual Training
- A fun, NO COST option is to sign up for our mailing list. Again, cool emails packed with discounts, information, tips, tricks, and a lot more!
Again, I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to read my post. Don’t forget to tell friends and family about me! Share if you’d like and comment below to get a conversation started. I wish you the best, and I hope to hear from you soon!